You have no items in your shopping cart.
The original design of the 10,000 rpm spindle, utilized a matched 6 belt high/low drive system. The concept worked reasonably well; however, there were some inherent design flaws which is what spawned the newer Pozi Drive High/Low system.
For under $1000 you have overcome these shortcomings and gained torque at the tool. You will notice the difference with the upgrade in high HP/torque applications such as rigid tapping and many "hogging" operations.
The 6 belt system fell victim to the following shortcomings:
- All 6 belts must be matched. When one becomes out of tolerance the load is passed to the other two in that range causing premature failure.
- The 6 belt matched set is difficult to purchase where all belts are actually properly matched and they are expensive.
- The V belt design, in this application, is not able to properly handle the HP and torque required for 15HP and above spindle motors. It is marginal on 10HP rigid tapping applications.
- The 6 belt design was a high maintenance item requiring frequent replacements of belts/pulleys.
- Fadal discontinued manufacturing the pulleys in the mid 2000's. If you have a bad pulley, you are in the market for an upgrade anyway.